I have a virtual server with godaddy, after i request a new IP address for the server, i can not ping that ip address.
After contact their support, i know that i have to bind that new ip with my server. they point me to their knowledge base (the link is included at the bottom of the post), which i have duplicated here in case i can not find their original artical.
- Open the server’s Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
- Click on the Change Adapter Settings link on the left.
- Right click on the icon representing your server’s network card and select Properties from the menu that appears.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Click the Add button under the IP addresses section of the IP Settings tab.
- Enter the IP address and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and click the Add button.
- Click the OK button to close the Advanced TCP/IP Settings window.
- Click the OK button to close the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window.
- Click the Close button to close out of the Local Area Connection Properties window.